Sunday, September 30, 2012

2 Months!


She's two months already!  She's definitely growing a ton, of course.  I would let you know how much she weighs as well as the other stats but we don't go to the doc until next week.  So I will update this post after our appointment.  

***UPDATE***  

We went to her 2 month (2 1/2) checkup yesterday and she was: 

weight:  11 pounds 4 ounces
height:  25 inches

That put her in the 36 percentile for weight and 54 percentile for height!  She also got her shots yesterday and did very very good.  I was scared, literally, but she only cried for a few seconds while they were going in.  Then was a little fussy the rest of the day but not too bad at all.  The doc was very impressed with her sleeping habits. He was expecting me to say she averages 3-4 hours in a row so when I said 6-7 he was shocked.  I said, "yeah, that's why I'm not complaining at all about her sleep....she's a good sleeper!"   





blowing bubbles-she just kinda has some bubbles come out every once in a while.
talking-obviously it's all cooing or baby talk (like the first talking post).  She usually does it when she is happy but sometimes will just be sitting in her bouncer or laying on her mat and will just start talking away.  It's to die for!
BIG smiles-Ella definitely loves her momma...if we catch eyes she almost smiles every. single. time.  She definitely knows who I am.  Also, she almost always smiles if I say, "hi big girl"  I've been able to captures some big smiles on my phone....which I will be putting up with IPhone Pic Fridays!
grabbing-she's been grabbing for a while now, but it's gotten a lot stronger and she will open and close her little fingers around my finger while I'm holding her or feeding her.  Also, she has just started to grab onto her muslin blankets. Oh...and my hair (pony tails every day for me)!
losing her hair...(yes I spelled it wrong on the pic-oops)-she lost a lot of it on top of her head and it continues to fall out.  She is also getting a bald spot on the very back where her head rests and then the hair on the sides of her head where she rests is breaking.  I guess that's what happens when they come out with hair!  :)
birdies-she loves watching the birdies on her bouncer!
neck is getting stronger-she is starting to be able to hold her head up for longer periods of time on her own
9 1/2 hours-yep, that's right..this kid slept for 9 1/2 hours!  Unfortunately, it was only once but she still tends to sleep for 5-6 hours straight pretty consistently.  Then, after feeding she will sleep for about another 4 hours.  I am pretty lucky!
loves to sit looking out-not being cradled-she likes to see what's going on in the room.  She doesn't like to be held like a little baby.
will take her milk from a bottle!-this equals freedom for mommy!  I've been pumping at night since she goes so long while she sleeps and I've been storing up a major supply of milk in the freezer.  I haven't needed any of it yet but usually once a day I give her a bottle so she will take a bottle if we go out for long enough that she would need to be fed.  Also, I would like Kyle to be able to feed her, as well.  There's just something special about the feeding time that I don't want him to miss out on!  Of course, he can only do that when he is actually home.  She seems to not care how she gets the milk...she just wants it when she's hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment