Monday, May 26, 2014

Long Lashes

Ella had her first 'long eyelash girl' problem.  Both her and I have been having some major allergies down here in the South.  Never (besides 2 weeks while I was pregnant) have I ever had allergies before but boy it's bad down here.  Another reason for me to dislike it here.  Well, Ella's turned into more of a cold one day with her being kind of warm one morning and then her nose literally running like a faucet.  She was also rubbing her eyes a lot that evening (partially due to tiredness, I'm sure) because her eyes were super itchy.  I was cleaning up her room and Kyle was reading her a book and she was apparently rubbing her eyes like a crazy girl.  All of the sudden she began crying….hard.  I looked over and saw she was rubbing her eyes and knew it was something with her eye.  After a few seconds I realized it was a bigger deal than just having an eyelash or dirt in her eye.  She pulled her hand away from her eye long enough for me to realize there was something wrong with her eye.  It wasn't opening all the way but I couldn't tell what was the matter.  At first I thought her lid was flipped up/in all weird.   And then I thought maybe it was a huge black something(bug….eek) stuck in her eye.  I didn't know, my mind was freaking out!  haha  I took her from Kyle and just held her and he went and grabbed a damp cloth.  After he came back and I wiped it a few times and that wasn't helping so I just held her while she cried.

Then…I finally "MOM'd up" and held her arms down while I looked.  Then my heart just sank….get ready…this is the WEIRDEST THING EVER….YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE….her top eyelashes were stuck underneath her bottom eyelid.  Yep, think about it….that's literally what happened.  And her lashes are so long that she couldn't open her eye wide enough to get them out.  I gently pulled both lids apart from each other and freed the lashes and she was as good as new but oh my goodness…the poor girl!  I mean, how does that happen?!  Wow.

I'm sure this won't be the last time she has issues with her lashes.  I always struggle with sunglasses/glasses not fitting because my lashes rub the glass part and you just can't have that.  It's terrible.  I also swear I go through mascara faster than the normal person.  haha…who knows but I think it's true.  I was also made fun of a few times growing up about how long my lashes were…but obviously it's a good thing.  I'm sure those girls who made fun of me then wish they had my lashes now.  :)
I took a couple of pictures of my sweet girl after she fell asleep in the car and realized this was the also the best way to get good lash pictures.


We were playing at the park with our friends one day and Ella was swinging and one of the other moms mentioned Ella's lashes and how it looked as though she was wearing eyeliner.  I laughed because I hadn't thought of that before but then I thought it kinda does…I think not only does she have long lashes but each lash is super thick so that makes them appear darker and fuller, too.



2 comments:

  1. She's so precious! I can not believe that could happen!! Now you'll know if it happens again

    ReplyDelete