Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kalee's Baby Shower

I put on my sister's baby shower while I was home in NE.  It turned out great.  I had an vision of what I wanted it to look like but you never know if it's going to turn out the way you think.  Fortunately, for me, this time it did!

I really wanted wanted to pick out colors and work on crafts before the baby was born...and since we didn't know if the baby was a boy or girl....I had to do somewhat neutral colors.  I chose mint (sea foam) green and coral.  I was seeing a lot of it as it has been a popular color combo in fashion, decor, etc. lately.  I thought it could go either boy or girl.  THEN, Kalee had Callan and he is obviously a boy so i started leaning more towards the mint color while doing finishing more crafts.    

My mom helped me with lots of last minute things mostly with the food.  Abbie, Kalee's BFF helped with some decor and the cupcakes and just setting things up the morning of.  I also had two friends, Amy and Kinsey help me with some of the decor while we sipped on iced mochas and scones!  It was such a help so thank you to those who helped put my vision together!  :)



Kalee and Abbie under the tissue flower wall that Abbie made.  I LOVE THESE!

The welcome wreath and the favors....homemade lotion bars.

The poofs collage above the food table.


A look at the shower decorations.

The poofs and food table.  

These are some coffee filter flowers and frames that I last minute put together....they turned out cute!

Some of the many gifts Callan received.

Some favor bags.

The adorable chocolate covered marshmallows dipped in sprinkles and coconut.

Just some of the food served.  Chicken Salad Croissants, Veggie cups, Pesto Pasta Salad, Cheese and Crackers, chocolate dipped marshmallows, chocolate covered pretzels, cream puffs, 
I had cut out a bunch of circles for the garland but realized they were too small so I thought they'd be cute on toothpicks instead....I thought that worked out great!


These chocolate dipped pretzels were a HUGE hit.  



The drink and cupcake table!  I also made that twine wrapped letter C for Callan to end up having in his nursery.  We served Limeade and Lemon-lime ice water.


We wrapped Callan's stats around the ball jars as the cups for beverages.  And obviously had to have paper straws!

Abbie made these delicious cupcakes for the shower.  I with help from my dear friend, AMY, made these yarn poofs.  How adorable are they?!

I made these with tissue paper following a tutorial I found.  So easy and so cute!  Thanks Kinsey for helping!


This was in the entry way when you walked in.  I had taken a few photos of the family and then hung them so people could take a look while walking in or mingling.
Here is the onesie making station.  We hung all the onesies with clothes pins on the twine.  The guests were instructed to choose a pre cut out applique and then iron it onto whichever onesie they preferred.  There were some pretty cute ones made.

Here are a few pictures from the shower.  Ella did really well considering it was 5 hours past her nap time.  Poor thing.

The only picture my sis and I got of us with our kiddos.  


No comments:

Post a Comment