Saturday, January 14, 2012

the second month

So from the beginning we decided we wouldn't tell anyone we were pregnant until at least the end of the first trimester or the beginning of the second trimester...however...when your parents come to see you at 9 weeks when you're not feeling good it's hard to keep it a secret.  Also, we decided it would make Christmas more exciting this year if we told only our immediate family at that time.  

I used this picture to tell everyone we were expecting..I modge podged a frame and put stickers spelling "arriving July 2012" on it.  I wrapped it up like an early Christmas present that I wanted them to open before we got busy working on things, cooking, site seeing, etc.  

I gave the gift to my mom to open and she ripped into it so fast I almost didn't pull off the picture-but I'd say I got a pretty good reaction shot!  


I'd just like to say first of all my mom never cries...never.  But I caught her off guard with this exciting news.  Dad was making of list of things he could work on around the house to keep busy.  He later told us at the end of the list he added....Nursery!  

Telling my parents was a memory I will never forget...truly one of the best moments ever!


How far along?  2 months
Total weight gain:  -4 lbs….yikes
Maternity clothes?  Nope just my own regulars
Sleep:  needing lots…I actually kind of feel like a newborn sleeping all the time J
Stretch marks? no
Miss anything?  No….thought I’d miss my diet coke but not really at all
Movement:  no….well lots of it but can’t feel it yet
Food Cravings:  only a sour apple jolly rancher one night
Anything making you sick or queasy:   basically any of Kyle’s concoctions in the kitchen which of course he is making because I don’t feel like cooking  (i.e. turkey and bleu cheese sandwich left over from Christmas….puke!)
Gender:  still not even an inkling 
Labor signs:  no way
Symptoms:  starting to get morning sickness…or should I say all day sickness…blah
Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off?  on
Mood:  happy when I feel good…

No comments:

Post a Comment