Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Baby Projects

Project #1:  Crochet

Grandma Joyce taught me to crochet basic things when I was really young.  Since then, haven't touched a crochet hook or even yarn for that matter.  Something (obviously having a baby) made me decide to try again and it's been a success so far.  I'm not perfect but doing pretty good for re-teaching/teaching myself.  I've just been watching tutorials on YouTube and it seems to be working out well.  It took me a bit to really figure out some of the basics but after some repetition...it's making sense!

Here is a little hat and flower I threw together in about half an hour.  So far, I've made them in 2 colors and hopefully more on the way!


pink hat with large cream flower

Cream hat with small fuchsia flower

I did NOT make these...they were gifted to little baby b from a friend....leg warmers and a hat with a bill...so cute

I did, however, make the white rose....(kinda a bad picture)




Project #2:  More Crochet

I saw on this blog these cute little barefoot baby sandals and followed the tutorial and...voilà...

the little loop goes around the big toe and the back loop goes around the ankle





so cute
Aren't they just the cutest little things ever?!  I love them so much and Kyle actually loves them too!  He even said he can't wait to see them on little baby b--and I can't either!  They're even cuter on a baby foot so check out that blog if you want to see what they actually look like on.  I might even add some to my ETSY shop, too, we'll see.


Some of the other projects on my list are:


  • more headbands (already made a ton)
  • onesies
  • I might attempt a little dress or something
  • paci clips
  • curtains
  • possibly a crib skirt
  • bows
  • and probably much more...I'll keep ya posted!  :)


Let me know what you all think or if you have any tips/suggestions.  Leave me a comment!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Farah...everything is adorable!! Not that I would expect any less from you;) You look gorgeous as always! Baby b is so lucky to have parents has wonderful as you guys! keep posting...love it!!
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanda!!!! Glad you like my little projects....of course I have many more in the making, which I need to kick it in gear and get them done! I'll be posting more pics soon, hopefully! :)

      Delete