Tuesday, May 29, 2012

31 Weeks





Update on my gestational hypertension:
My blood pressure has been way better at my last two appointments.  Still slightly...just an itty bit high but way lower than before.  Oh the things pregnancy does to the body!  I started my twice a week ATU readings or gosh...I don't even know what you call them...basically, I have to go up to Labor and Delivery and get strapped up to a machine for 20 minutes to track the baby's heart beat, my heart beat, and my contractions.  They are just watching to make sure everything is looking normal.  My first one went great!  They said I have thee happiest baby ever...and I hope it stays that way!  :)  My blood pressure was amazing.  And I even started getting contractions which I wouldn't have known except they told me I was having one--I thought the baby was just moving a little.  haha!  I'm sure that'll change.  So I go in again today to do it all again...hopefully we have the same results!



How far along?  31 weeks
Total weight gain:  +15ish pounds…probably more just haven’t been weighed in a week or so. 
Maternity clothes? Dresses, leggings, and maternity tops or any long tops I can find in my closet to go over the bump! 
Sleep:  still not great…been waking up at 5:30am most days
Stretch marks?  Still none…lathering on that cream!  I’m thinking around my belly button I may get some…the skin just seems a lot tighter there…we’ll see
Miss anything?  Sleeping through the night, not huffing and puffing every time I go up and down the stairs, bending over with ease, not running into things with my belly because I’m not used to it being there, feta cheese--I want a greek salad so bad, etc.   
Movement:  we've got the hiccups folks...usually just once a day, maybe twice!
Food Cravings: FRUIT…of course, tomatoes which is crazy because normally I don’t like them at all…I don’t even get them on sandwiches or hamburgers or I pick them off my salads but I LOVE them right now; still loving birthday cake OREO’s, also I’ve been wanting a hot fudge sundae (might have to make a trip to Coldstone this week)
Anything making you sick or queasy:  not really
Gender:  it’s a GIRL…I can’t wait to meet her!
Labor signs:  guess I started feeling contractions…but like I said, didn’t even know it until they told me that was what was happening
Symptoms: allergies, that rash on my hands is still here…had to ask the doc about it because it’s not going away and just looks awful.  You can’t really tell on the picture because it’s on the sides of my fingers but on my right hand you can kinda see on and around my thumb some darker spots…weird…they gave me some cream to put on it to see if it helps
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  on
Mood: happy and stressed a little
Excitement this week: just the usual working on projects…oh and with my apt at L&D they did an ultrasound so I got to see that precious little girl in there…she’s so cute!
Looking forward to:  My BABY SHOWER…we have some fun things planned…I can’t wait to share pictures afterwards with you all! 
NOT Looking forward to:   Kyle leaving on the 5th for approximately a month...yikes...lets hope she's not super early

No comments:

Post a Comment