Ran into a few bumps along the way but I'm pretty happy with it. Only spent a little extra money on it than planned and that was just because I wanted an extra coat of paint on it. The little baskets I found at a discount store for about $5 and they seem to work. Not perfect in my mind but I like them. I couldn't decided if I should just paint the handles that came with the dresser--since they were pretty shabby chic looking--or find crystal knobs and fill in the extra handle holes (which I was very uneasy about how the filling in the holes would work--not great but 1-it's an old dresser and 2-you can't really tell). I really wanted the second option (the crystal knobs) so I looked and looked for knobs. Found the perfect ones at Hobby Lobby but they only had one, of course. I also already had a set of 4 but that wasn't enough, obviously, and I couldn't find any that matched them. So I have one perfect knob and 4 okay knobs. Then, mom suggests just finding a bunch of random ones. Good idea, however, I currently only have 2 styles so I go to Lowe's and find 2 crystal knobs and then remember I found some at HomeGoods that were okay but I wasn't sure so I go there and buy a set of 4. Now I have 4 different styles. And NOW I don't like the different styles. I took the ones from Lowe's back and went back HomeGoods to get more of the okay knobs from there because they had grown on me once I had seen them in the drawer. So after the handle debacle I went with the HomeGoods knobs for $8. Genius. I now think they're the cutest knobs ever! haha! Phew...ok so that's the story of the dresser.
I also put drawer organizers from IKEA in each of the drawers to help with organizing such little itty bitty baby things such as socks, bloomers, etc.
|once again...the before|
|more drawer organizers--on a side note you can see I needed to sand that ledge that the baskets sit on better because the paint didn't stick. eh-oh well...maybe we'll fix it later|